The Autumn term will start in September, and the seminar will be moved to Friday, 1 to 3 p.m. Because of this change, the locale of the seminar will vary a lot, so please pay attention to the information which will be given below.
Autumn Term Seminars 2017
- 1/9. 428b. Jordan Zlatev (Cognitive Semiotics): The Sedimentation and Motivation Model in an Ecological Theory of Metaphor.
- 8/9. L303a. Minisymposium: "The Role of Pantomime in Cognitive-Semiotic Evolution"
- 13:00-14:00 Przemysław Żywiczyński and Slawomir Wacewicz (Torun University): Pantomime, turn-taking and the emergence of proto-symbols
- 14:00-15:00 Ines Adornetti, Alessandra Chiera & Francesco Ferretti (University Roma 3): The narrative dimension of pantomime: an evolutionary perspective
- There will be coffee and informal discussion in the corridor in front of H405 afterwards.
- 15/9. H405. Lorenzo Cigana (Copenhagen University). On norms and experience in structural linguistics.
- 22/9. B131 Fakultetsklubben (Note change of local from earlier announced). Michael Ranta (Cognitive Semiotics). General reflections and report on my 6 months scholarship in Chengdu, China — - On Linguistic and Cognitive Relativism: Reflections Based on the Film "Arrival" (2016)
- 29/9. L604. No seminar
- 6/10. L303a. No seminar.
- 13/10. H428b. No seminar
- 20/10. H405. Erik Rynell (Malmö Theatre Academy): Edith Stein’s empathic approach to intersubjectivity
- 27/10. L303a. Bilyana Martinovsky (Gothenburg): Virtual Human Simulation of Awareness.
- 3/11. No seminar. But you are welcome to follow the lecture of the course Mind, Meaning and Communication: Basic concepts and methods of cognitive semiotics
- 10/11. No seminar. But you are welcome to follow the lecture of the course Mind, Meaning and Communication: The phenomenological method
- 17/11. No seminar. But you are welcome to follow the lecture of the course Mind, Meaning and Communication: The cognitive semiotics of cultural evolution
- 20/11. H135b. (Note changed week day): Marianna Bolognesi (Oxford University): VisMet 1.0: A corpus of visual metaphors.
- 24/11. H428b. Junichi Toyota (Graduate School of Literature and Human Sciences, Osaka City University): Ethnolinguistics and the formation of future tense: with particular focus on greetings.
- 1/12. No seminar. But you are welcome to follow the lecture of the course Mind, Meaning and Communication: Pictorial development and evolution – Picture signs and verbal signs
- 8/12. H405. Travis J. Wiltshire (University of Southern Denmark). Examining collaborative cognition by modeling communication sequence dynamics and movement coordination
- 15/12. No seminar. But you are welcome to follow the lecture of the course Mind, Meaning and Communication: The cognitive semiotics of metaphor
- 22/12. H428b.
- 5/1. No seminar
- 12/1. No seminar
Spring Term Seminars 2018
- 19/1. Joel Parthemore (Technical University Eindhoven & Skövde Högskola): Assessing Agency, Moral and Otherwise: Beyond the Machine Question
- 29/1, 17.15-17.00. H428b (Note changed weekday and time). Luis de Miranda (University of Edinburgh). Cosmic Anthrobots: Conjecturing Our Mode of Collaboration With Robonauts
- 2/2. LUX C126, 14-16 (Note changed place and time). Christopher Tilley (University College, London): Title to be specified.