Next seminar23/3. Presentations by Simon Devylder (Fellow at Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) and Viswanath Iiit (Doctorate student at Cognitive Semiotics, Lund).
Spring Term Seminars 2017
- 26/1. Johan Blomberg & Jordan Zlatev (Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) Norms of language: What kinds and where from? Insights from phenomenology. (abstract)
- 2/9. Jordan Zlatev (Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) leads the discussion: The emergence of metaphor in discourse.
- We will read in advance, and discuss the attached paper, in relation to our ongoing efforts to formulate a novel cognitive-semiotic theory of metaphor (emergence).
- 9/2. Joel Parthemore (University of Skövde): Reassessing Metaphor. (abstract)
- 16/2. No seminar.
- 23/2. Göran Sonesson (Cognitive Semiotics, Lund): Bats Out of the Belfry: The Nature of Metaphor, with Special Attention to Pictorial Metaphors (abstract)
- 2/3. Discussion of mimesis/pantomime theories. Introduction by Jordan Zlatev.
- 9/3. Journal club: We will read together a paper on metaphor research by Paula Pérez Sobrino.
- Download paper (PDF 1.8 MB)
- 16/3. Paula Pérez Sobrino (Post-doctoral fellow, University of Birmingham): Facing methodological challenges in multimodal metaphor research. (abstract)
- 23/3. Presentations by Simon Devylder (Fellow at Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) and Viswanath Iiit (Doctorate student at Cognitive Semiotics, Lund).
- 30/3. No seminar, to allow our participants to attend the workshop Connecting discourse in speech and gesture, organized by Maria Graziano, Emanuela Campisi and Marianne Gullberg, on March 30-31. Register by 20 March 2017 by sending an email to: dl_spegedishumlab.luse
- 13/4. Easter
- 20/4. No seminar, to allow participation in The 6th conference of the Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition at Lund University: http://konferens.ht.lu.se/en/salc6/
- 27/4. Mats Andrèn (Linköping university college), Laughter at the preschool: Semiotic properties and emotional intersubjectivity (abstract)
- 4/5. Per Linell (Universities of Gothenburg and Linköping): A dialogical perspective on intersubjectivity.
- 18/5. Simone Aurora (Università degli studi di Padova) & Patrick Flack (Charles University, Prague): Principles of Structural Phenomenology. (abstract)
- 24/4 (Wednesday) Lecture by William Croft (University of New Mexico). To be specified.
- 25/5. Ascension
- 1/6. Presentations by George Stampoulidis (Doctorate student, Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) and by Anu Vastenius (Doctorate student, Cognitive Semiotics, Lund). To be specified.