Cognitive Semiotics Workshop Lund/Århus - 8-9 September 2011
8 September, Copenhagen, D219, DPU
10:00 - 12:00 (four presentations of 30 minutes each)
- Mats Andrén (Lund): ”Children's gestures from 18 to 30 months from a Cognitive Semiotic perspective”.
- Mikael Wallentin (Århus): ”Looking for the relationship: Eye movement control and construction of object-centered perspective (EoM)”.
- Gunnar Sandin (Lund): ”Temporal merging of partly incompatible actantial models of space”.
- Elainie Madsen (Lund): ”Contagious yawning as a possible expression of empathy in infant and juvenile chimpanzee”.
12:00 - 13:00 (lunch)
13:00 - 15:30 (five presentations of 30 minutes each)
- Sara Lenninger (Lund): “Pictorial realism and communicative meanings in early picture comprehension”.
- Riccardo Fusaroli (Århus): “Coordinating via language: investigating effects and dynamics of linguistic interactions”.
- Gerd Carling & Arthur Holmer (Lund): ”Defining and measuring semiotic resources: cultural artefacts and language in Amazonia”.
- Sven Østergaard (Århus): “Dynamical Approaches to Language”.
- Anna Redei & Lars Kopp (Lund): ”Brief Report on Cognitive Semiotics, Visual Perception and the matter of 'filling in' the gaps”.
15:30 - 16:00 (coffee break)
16:00 - 18:00 (four presentations of 30 minutes each)
- Göran Sonesson: ”Taking your stand in phenomenology”.
- Kristian Tylén (Århus): “Co-constructing meaning: the socially interactive trajectory of material symbols ”.
- Michael Ranta (Lund): ”Creating Order: Narrativity and Implied World Views in Pictures”.
- Lars-Åke Henningsson (Lund): ”Patterns of Experience”.
9 September, Lund, SOL Centre
10:00 - 12:00 (discussions concerning the journal, society, conference, etc., room B055)
12:00 - 13:30 (lunch)
13:30 - 14:30 (two presentations of 30 minutes each, room B055)
- Gabriela Alina Sauciuc (Århus) & Tomas Persson (Lund): “Emotion in a cross perspective”.
- Anastasia Karlsson & Arthur Holmer (Lund): How do word order and prosody interact with information structure? Evidence from Puyuma”.
14:30 - 15:00 (coffee break)
15:00 - 16:30 (three presentations of 30 minutes each in room A121)
- Frederik Stjernfelt (Århus): “The Distinction between Corollarial and Theorematic Reasoning”.
- Per Aage Brandt (Case Western): ”Good problems on both sides”.
- Todd Oakley (Case Western): ”Mental Spaces or Intermental Spaces?: Toward an Analytic Phenomenological Account of Meaning Construction”.
16:30 - 18:00 (general discussion in room A121)
photos by Michael Ranta
Seventh Conference of the Nordic Association for Semiotic Studies
The conference was held 6-8 May 2011 at the University of Lund, in the SOL centre. Many members of CCS presented papers. The intention is to publish the conference papers online at some point in the near future.
Staff Retreat at Klinta
From 11-12 June 2010, CCS-staff and CCS-affiliated participated in a two-day (overnight) workshop at Pensionat Klinta.
CCS covered all costs, including travel, meals, and single-room accommodation.
10:00 Departure from SOL.
13:00-18:30 Group presentations of the five sub-projects: 30-minute presentation + 30-minute discussion.
13:00-14:00 Intersubjectivity, imitation and sign use (Göran, Jordan, Elainie, Sara, Susan, Mats).
14:00-15:00 Identity and language change in Amazonas (Alf, Junichi, Arthur, Love, Gerd).
15:00-15:30 Coffee break.
15:30-16:30 Word order and prosody in Puyuma (Arthur, Anastasia).
16:30-17:30 Neurosemiotics (Lars, Frida, Jordan, Anna, Göran).
17:30-18:30 Narrative in non-linguistic semiotic resources (Göran, Anna, Gunnar, Michael Ramta).
10:00 - 12:00 Group discussions of five key concepts, used in all of our studies. Tasks: (a) try to decide on how to delimit each concept (what is not to be included in it) and (b) on possible different senses of it, necessary for our research.
13:00-14:30 Summary of the group discussions and attempt at arriving at common definitions.
15:00-16:00 General discssion: What are the goals of CCS for the coming year?
16:00 Departure from Klinta.