Next seminar29/5 (Note changed weekday). Presentations by George Stampoulidis (Doctorate student, Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) and by Anu Vastenius (Doctorate student, Cognitive Semiotics, Lund).
Constructing a Digital Archive on Street Art: Methodological Challenges. The pilot study of Athens, Greece (George Stampoulidis) (abstract)
Constituent order in non-verbal representations: introduction of new film stimuli and a pilot study with gestures (Anu Vastenius) (abstract)
Spring Term Seminars 2017
- 26/1. Johan Blomberg & Jordan Zlatev (Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) Norms of language: What kinds and where from? Insights from phenomenology. (abstract)
- 2/9. Jordan Zlatev (Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) leads the discussion: The emergence of metaphor in discourse.
- We will read in advance, and discuss the attached paper, in relation to our ongoing efforts to formulate a novel cognitive-semiotic theory of metaphor (emergence).
- 9/2. Joel Parthemore (University of Skövde): Reassessing Metaphor. (abstract)
- 16/2. No seminar.
- 23/2. Göran Sonesson (Cognitive Semiotics, Lund): Bats Out of the Belfry: The Nature of Metaphor, with Special Attention to Pictorial Metaphors (abstract)
- 2/3. Discussion of mimesis/pantomime theories. Introduction by Jordan Zlatev.
- 9/3. Journal club: We will read together a paper on metaphor research by Paula Pérez Sobrino.
- Download paper (PDF 1.8 MB)
- 16/3. Paula Pérez Sobrino (Post-doctoral fellow, University of Birmingham): Facing methodological challenges in multimodal metaphor research. (abstract)
- 23/3. Presentations by Simon Devylder (Fellow at Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) and Viswanath Naidu (Doctorate student at Cognitive Semiotics, Lund).
- 30/3. No seminar, to allow our participants to attend the workshop Connecting discourse in speech and gesture, organized by Maria Graziano, Emanuela Campisi and Marianne Gullberg, on March 30-31. Register by 20 March 2017 by sending an email to: dl_spegedishumlab.luse
- 6/4. No seminar
- 13/4. Easter
- 20/4. No seminar, to allow participation in The 6th conference of the Scandinavian Association for Language and Cognition at Lund University: http://konferens.ht.lu.se/en/salc6/
- 27/4. Mats Andrèn (Linköping university college), Laughter at the preschool: Semiotic properties and emotional intersubjectivity (abstract)
- 4/5. Per Linell (Universities of Gothenburg and Linköping): A dialogical perspective on intersubjectivity (abstract).
- 11/5. Journal club: Reading Lawrence Hass on Maurice Merleau-Ponty, final chapters. Contact Jordan Zlatev (jordan.zlatevsemiotik.luse), if you want a copy of the text
- 18/5. Simone Aurora (Università degli studi di Padova) & Patrick Flack (Charles University, Prague): Principles of Structural Phenomenology. (abstract)
- 24/4 (Wednesday; please note different time and place, 10.15-12, A129b) William Croft (University of New Mexico). The aspectual potential of verbs and lexical semantic typology. (abstract)
- 25/5. Ascension
- 29/5 (Note changed date). Presentations by George Stampoulidis (Doctorate student, Cognitive Semiotics, Lund) and by Anu Vastenius (Doctorate student, Cognitive Semiotics, Lund).
- 1/6. No seminar
- 8/6. Susan Ronner Larsson (Malmö musikhögskola): Deconstructed opera & operaimprovisation - a comparison of two contrary concepts and their influence on opera singers and audience (abstract).
- 15/6. Tomas Persson, Elenie Madsen & Gabriela Sauciuc (LUCS), The effects of imitation on imitation, play and emotional rapport - a report on the PLIMI project. (abstract)